Here are the slides from this week’s CEDP workshop on Project Based Learning.
Project based learning is one way to move away from a passive classroom to an active classroom. Remember that the Kanevsky’s 5Cs can help you create a situation of learning instead of boredom …
- Control – allow students the power to act on their own decisions
- Choice – let students have some autonomy in what, how and when they learn
- Challenge – each student should have an equal opportunity to learn at an appropriate pace and level
- Complexity – move learning into unknown territory where students encounter novel, relevant and authentic experiences
- Caring – show your students that you care about their learning
Bringing Learning to Life through Project Based Learning 2013 from Nancy Nelson