Here’s are the slides from this week’s CEDP workshop on Student Success.
Remember that as teachers we can help students succeed by:
- setting an appropriate level of challenge in our classroom
- providing or directing students to academic support (tutoring, study groups, supplemental instruction) and social support (counseling, mentoring)
- regularly monitoring progress and providing feedback as students are trying to learn
- encouraging social and academic involvement
- encouraging persistence and deep learning